1. Burn the onions on open flame until they turn completely dark and become soft at the centre. Allow them to cool.
2. Slice the 500g sirloin steak into 2 equal halves
3. Coat the steak with oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Allow to rest.
4. Deglaze the pan with honey and add 30ml of White Vinegar.
5. Add 60ml soy sauce, and some Pepperberry.
6. Add butter and stir.
7. Remove the dark layer of onions and separate the soft interior layers.
8. In a bowl, add the soft layers of the onions, sesame seeds, pinch of salt and add extra white vinegar to make onion salad.
9.Add a little extra virgin oil to the mixture and toss
Slice the steak on a plate
10. Pour the juices from the board into the sauce.
11. Stir as you pour over the steak.
Serve with onion salad.