1. Preheat the oven 160c (fan forced). Prepare a 10-inch cake pan by lining with baking paper and spraying with baking spray.
2. For the chocolate cake, add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and wattleseed powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until well combined.
3. Add eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until combined well. Reduce the speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined. Don’t be alarmed if the batter looks really runny. This is what makes the cake moist.
4. Pour the cake batter in the prepared cake pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Timing will depend on your oven. Generally, when a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the centre of the chocolate cake comes out clean, the cake is ready.
5. Remove from the oven and cool completely before removing from the cake pan
6. Frost the cake with the buttercream
7. Decorate with your favourite fresh fruits and edible flowers for that extra special touch.