Desert Lime Mini Cheesecakes Recipe.
This is no ordinary cheesecake! We’ve teamed up with @Veganaugogo to crack the perfect recipe for a creamy and ultra smooth yet crunchy cheesecake! Paired with a distinctive piquant Desert Lime flavour, no one can deny its pure decadence. For the best results, follow these simple steps.
Makes 9 mini cheesecakes or 1 medium.
90g Digestive Biscuits (McVities)
50g Vegan Butter (melted)
200g Raw Cashews (soaked overnight)
200g Icing Sugar
60g Coconut Oil (melted)
Juice of 1 Lime
Fresh Finger Lime (optional)
- Soak the cashews overnight (at least 12 hours) in enough cold water to cover them, at room temperature.
- To make the base, put the digestive biscuits in a zip-lock bag and crush with a rolling pin until it resembles a fine crumb.
- In a bowl mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter.
- Spoon the mixture into the bottom of the cheesecake pan/s and press it down firmly and evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the fridge to harden while you make the cheesecake.
- Drain off and discard the water from the cashews and then place them in a food processor with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture on top of the base/s, pressing down a bit to remove any air bubbles.
- Place in the freezer for two hours to set before serving.
- Garnish with finger lime pearls and/or lime zest.
- Keep refrigerated