Today we’re looking at creating delicious Wattleseed French Financiers – a popular French treat, similar to that of cupcakes/muffins. A simple & unique taste especially when mixed with Australian grown Wattleseed! It’s addictively nutty, chocolatey blended into vanilla to create a flavoursome snack or dessert.
3-5g Australian Wattleseed
50g Almond Meal/Almond Flour
50g Plain White Flour
130g White Sugar
75g Unsalted Butter
4 Egg Whites
A pinch of Salt
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a small cupcake tin (around 4-6cm in diameter)
- Mix the Almond Flour, Plain White Flour and Salt together
- Add the egg whites slowly to prevent clumping
- Melt the butter on the stove and mix in the Wattleseed and keep stirring until it starts bubbling.
- Add butter to the mixture, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your greased tin, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
Let cool, and voila! You have your own Wattleseed French Financiers! Enjoy with a delicious native tea