Wattleseed Muffins with White Chocolate Chips
Chocolate chips are popular Aussie bites. We’ve added Wattleseed to give a nutty, roasted coffee aroma, with touches of sweet spice, raisins, and chocolate. It has a savoury, nutty, wheat-biscuit flavor. This recipe is a great addition to bread, granola, and stews. They are also very nutritious, containing twice the protein of wheat flour
- 250g cups all-purpose flour
- 30g baking powder
- 10g roasted, ground wattleseed
- 100g cup sugar
- 100g salted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 200ml cup milk
- 120g white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. (180 C.)
- Combine the flour, preparing powder, wattle seed, and sugar in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and add to the dry ingredients, along with the eggs.
- Beat with an electric beater until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and mix until moistened.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Pour into the wells of a greased muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched.