1. Into a spice grinder or mortar and pestle put the fine salt, Pepperberries and sugar.
2. Into the mixture add the rock salt and the spirit and form it into a rough paste.
3. Place a piece on cling wrap on a clean flat surface. Put ⅓ of the cure paste on the cling wrap.
4. Place the salmon onto of the cure paste and spread the remaining paste over the rest of the fish.
5. Wrap the cling film firmly around the fish.
6. Place in a container or on a plate, then place another plate onto to weigh it down.
7. Place in the fridge for 48 hours, turn it over every 12 hours so so. When the fish is firm to touch, it is cured.
8. Take out of the fridge and remove the cured paste.
9. Remove the skin with a sharp knife and then slice into thin pieces to serve.