We're a social enteprise with a mission to work with communities to bring
bushfood to tables across contemporary Australia.
What is Bushfood?
Bushfood is any native ingredient found in Australia. And unlike ingredients you might be familiar with, bushfoods have been used for millenia by Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander people who developed a deep connection and understanding of the land. This deep, cultural knowledge is called Indigenous Ecological Knowledge.
our harvesters + growers
The Origins of Your Bushfood
To grow the plants that eventually become bushfood, we work exclusively with Indigenous Communities, Wild Harvesters, and Small Farmers who produce all of our raw ingredients.
With a range of leaves, grains, seeds, nuts, and fruit available, most modern machinery doesn't suit native bushfoods. That's why most are hand harvested, and hand dried into what you receive.
After we have worked with our producers, we prepare them to be given to you straight to your home. Bushfood are delicious, nutritious, and make incredible and unique gifts.
9 Key Bushfood Benefits
- Regenerates Native Habitat
- Sustainably Sourced
- Typically Dense in Nutrients
- Gives Back to Communities
- Free from Chemicals
- Unique Taste + Culinary Experience
- Requires Less Water
- Medicinal Properties
- Provides direct Social Benefits
we love it when you love it
Since our inception, we've been driven by our social mission to drive real change
with all those we work with. From profit-sharing agreements, to paying the prices
our producers set, we look past quartely profits and focus on what impact we drive.
Wattleseed Financier (French Cupcakes)
- 3-5g of Wattleseed (get yours here)
- 50g Almond Meal/Almond Flour
- 50g Plain White Flour
- 130g White Sugar
- 75g Unsalted Butter
- 4 Egg Whites
- A pinch of Salt
1. Preheat Oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Grease a small cupcake tin (around 4-6cm in diameter) Mix the Almond Flour, Plain White Flour and Salt together. Add the egg whites slowly to prevent clumping
3. Melt the butter on the stove and mix in the Wattleseed and keep stirring until it starts bubbling. Add butter to the mixture, and mix well.
4. Pour the mixture into your greased tin, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
Let cool, and voila! You have your own Wattleseed French Financiers! Enjoy with a delicious brew of Wattleseed and Pepperberry Chai.